Thursday, August 2, 2012
Call it What You Want...Fluidity of Thoughts or A Pointless Rant.
I've been toying with the notion of starting a blog for weeks...and by weeks, if I'm being honest (which I am) I actually mean years. In the notion of being honest I feel I should tell you that I had an on-and-off-again affair with tumblr, which I quit because I wanted to do a real-honest-blog.
But, what the hell is a "real-honest-blog" anyway? I mean I've had my fair share of bad "blogs a.k.a the Xanga and Livejournal era of the early 2000's, which (rather unfortunately) coincided with my pre-teen youth. I spent a lot of 2002-2004 writing sad mopey diary entry's and teenage poetry. Really bad teenage poetry that was doused with enough apathy to drown a small village (by a small village I mean one equivalent to China's population). There was also the unfortunate incident, in which my "private" journal entries got passed around my school... yeah so much for the internet being private right? Needless to say I learned that lesson pretty quick.
So for awhile I completely quit the world of internet journaling. But, that only lasted so long and then slowly the bug began to itch again. I began to think about writing a blog. A "real-honest" blog but, I was scared and hesitant to put my thoughts and ideas out there,where any regular Joe could read them again. But after a very refreshing and moving creative writing class (where people actually praised my thoughts rather than crucify them) I decided to was time to dive back into blogging. If not for the sole purpose of working on my writing and perhaps giving me and edge in the Journalism/Advertising/PR world, then simply because blogging seems fun to me.
The next problem that arose (the one that I have been battling most of the summer) was what would I blog about? Fashion? Pop culture? Politics? Life lessons? Relationships? College life? The list of possibilities is endless and my indecision hangs over the list menacingly, as if whatever I choose will make or break me. I realize now that this indecision comes directly from the fact that I have no idea what I want to blog about,because I like many of the things on the list and I have many thoughts and opinions on all those topics. But, a "good-honest-blog" is one, which has it's own specific niche right? It is not an excuse to write all ones ramped and melodramatic thoughts and emotions. It is not an internet diary. But maybe it doesn't have to have a specific category as long as it has a voice ( and maybe not even a good voice at first, because a good voice comes from practice). Perhaps I can muddle my way into a good or even great blog just by starting one, just through trial and error. I mean what is the worst that could happen?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment